12.25.2020

"Beauty And The Boss" Thoughts [2]

Thoughts on episodes 6-10. I'm gonna focus on Matt, Me, Rex, and Cheung Yuet. There will be spoilers ⚠๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Let's talk about Matt and Cheung Yuet first. I totally didn't expect them to be a pair for so many episodes. I thought she was just a kiss in episode 4 and then stay as an ex, but nope we get more kisses ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚. Surprisingly, I found the two kinda sweet together. She's annoying and rash, but I found her cute at times with her clueless expressions. I don't know why ๐Ÿ™ˆ, maybe that's what happens when you put any woman next to the charming Matt. I wonder if it's the end for the two... I'm gonna miss them lol. Can I also mention that the actress who plays Cheung Yuet, Virginia Lau, was born in 1990. Wow, that's a 19 years difference. Oh boy ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™Š. Matt is 38. I think it would've been more realistic to say he's in his early 40s.

Me and Rex. Gonna save Matt and Me for last 'cause there's so much to say. Rex is a good guy and I love to see him head over heels for Me. In ep9, when Matt couldn't walk and Rex's first response was to carry him on his back, that left a great impression for me. In a recent myTV SUPER interview with Matthew Ho and Ali, Ali said Rex is the perfect guy and Me would choose to date him first over Matt. Makes total sense and I look forward to it. So far in the drama, she does not have romantic feelings for him.

So for Matt and Me, where do I begin?? ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Ok, let me just say it, I can't believe Matt was the first to have feelings. I get it, but still a bit surprised. I'm excited to see how he deals with his feelings. It should be entertaining. I want to make a list of things I want to point out or keep for reference.

  • In ep2, Pang Pang mentioned that Matt fired an assistant because she had a crush on him. Pang Pang is always spreading rumors so we don't know if this is true. If true, what will Matt do now that he has a crush on his assistant. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Matt was there when Me was going through her heartbreak. He didn't provide much comfort, but his divorce made her realize it was time to move on.
  • Matt loves Me's cooking especially the soups and bamboo cane water. His reaction when Cheung Yuet threw out the bamboo cane water hahaha!!
  • Matt was bothered by the idea that Me wanted to get cosmetic surgery (breast implants). Sir, she's just your assistant, why do you even care what she does to her body??? ๐Ÿ™ˆ
  • Me likes to sneak into Matt's home. We first see this in ep7, where she couldn't fall asleep and snuck into his home, made a smoothie, took a bubble bath, and slept. In ep8, after getting drunk, she stripped, rummaged through his fridge, and ran to his bedroom... not out the front door, but to his bedroom. Don't know what that's about ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. In ep10, she again couldn't fall asleep so slept in his bed. That part when Matt sat at the foot of the bed and watched as she slept. With the end theme playing. Oh ma gah! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Can't wait to see what happens after she wakes up.
  • In ep9, Me told Matt that someone (Rex) likes her, but she doesn't have feelings for him. Matt said you just need to look into the person's eyes and the feels will naturally flow out. Me then proceeded to look into Matt's eyes as if searching for something. Girl, why? ๐Ÿ˜… She's freakin' cute.
  • Matt legit thinks that Me is 26 years old. In ep10, Matt finished interviewing applicants to be his new assistant and he made a comment on how the youngest was 33. I can't imagine how he'll react when he learns the truth. Is it that part in the trailer where he sees Me's stepson call her mommy? 
  • After that one night Me got so drunk, Matt often reminds her to be more careful. In ep10, Matt received a video of Me in the club dancing and then falling. He then rushed to check on her.
  • Matt and Me both like to watch zombie movies. I don't know if this will mean anything. Me did mention once that she couldn't fall asleep and the movie Train to Busan kept looping in her mind.
  • Matt thinks that Me's scent smells familiar. Is it the body wash? Do they use the same brand or has she been bathing in his home more times than we know. Or is the scent something else? It seems significant 'cause it always stopped him in his tracks. Please let us know next week ๐Ÿ™.
  • Lastly, one thing that really stuck with me so far. In ep10, Matt told Cheung Yuet, "ไธ€ๆฎตๅฅฝ็š„ๆ„›ๆƒ…,ไฝ ๆœƒ้€š้Ž้‚ฃ็”ทไบบ่€Œ็œ‹ๆธ…ๆฅš้€™ๅ€‹ไธ–็•Œ。ไธ€ๆฎตๆ‡ท็š„ๆ„›ๆƒ…,ไฝ ๆœƒๅ› ็‚บไธ€ๅ€‹็”ทไบบ่€Œๆ”พๆฃ„ๆ•ดๅ€‹ไธ–็•Œ。(In a good relationship, you will see the world clearly because of the man. In a bad relationship, you will give up the entire world because of a man.)" Sorry, for the crappy translation ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™‡. I think this fits Matt and Me perfectly. Me was content as an assistant, but Matt saw her potential and continuously pushes her to improve.

That's what I have for now. Will add more as I watch. Based on filming reports, they should end up together, but I feel like there's still so much we don't know.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas!! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ‰

0 comments :

Post a Comment