12.17.2020

"Beauty And The Boss" Thoughts [1]

After so many years, I'm still a horrible writer 😅. I just can't seem to put my thoughts into words properly. So here goes my rambling.

I watched episodes 1-5 and it's quite enjoyable. It's one of those dramas that follows the everyday life of the characters. In the end, we hope to see that they each find their own happiness. You can just sit back and enjoy it without thinking too much.

Now let's talk about Mo. He's my all time favorite entertainer, but I need to be honest. Man does he need to tone down the high pitch speaking 😂. I know it's his own comedic style - producer Joe Chan (My Ages Apart and Death by Zero) calls it Mo式幽默 (Mo style humor) - but I think it's a bit too much, especially in the first episode. Maybe he's trying to emphasize how annoying of a boss he is... well it worked 😅🙊.

Can I say that Mo, Edwin, and Hatou invented English?? I just love it, especially Edwin's. I want to mention this one part where Mo said the word shit so many times. Will they be able to air that on TV? 🤔🤷

I like all the pairings so far. Some of the main ones:
  • Mo & Ali (Matt少 & 阿Me): What more do I need to say? My dramaland OTP 💕!! As expected, they have such great chemistry. During the costume fitting, they mentioned that Mo is the boss, but Ali will act like she's his boss. 阿Me is the only one who dares talk back and order him around. It's cute to see Matt少 actually listen to her. Mo said his character is mean, but I think he's an actual softy. Mo also mentioned that the producer and writers made their relationship different from their past dramas. So far, I don't see it, but look forward to what's to come. Lastly, I wonder if Matt少 also thinks 阿Me is 26 years old. It's silly, but Ali definitely still has the looks to pull it off.
  • Mo, Raymond, Edwin & Hatou (Matt少, 基, 唐仁 & Kiki): They've been friends for a long time and partners in their PR firm for 8 years. I want to see more of their group interaction because so far I can only feel that 基 & 唐仁 are close - the way the two bicker.
  • Ali & Hatou (阿Me & Kiki): Love their friendship! They've been friends since school age. Since they've been best friends for so long, I wonder why Kiki didn't introduce 阿Me to her PR gang earlier. I mean if it were in real life, you would think that they've heard of each other. Ok, if I want it to make sense, then I'm gonna guess that it's because 阿Me was too busy taking care of her husband and stepson for the past 10 years so Kiki never had the chance to introduce them.

There's also a lot I want to say about the music, colors, camera shots, sets, locations, and scenery, but I'm no expert so let me stop here lol. Everything just looks and sounds so beautiful 😍😚.

That's it for now. I hope I can continue writing these posts. It's gonna be a challenge 🙈🙈🙈.

0 comments :

Post a Comment