11.19.2023

"Romeo and His Butterfly Lover" Thoughts [5] (Final)

When I write these, I have to rewatch the scenes. There are just too many scenes this week that I can't rewatch too many times 'cause they're just too heavy😭.

Episode 21: The CPR scene got me feeling a certain way I don't know how to explain. Or maybe I was just too shocked by the whole thing. And can we talk about Mo's grip??? Also what did they do to his hair at the end of the episode? Was this at the early stages of filming so they didn't figure it out yet? Were they trying something new? I have a feeling it was the early stages 'cause Mo and Aimee were kinda awkward and Aimee sounded choppy.

Episode 22: I really like Aimee's outfits. The style really suits her. I feel like Aimee and Kalok will make a good sibling duo in another drama. I've seen their interactions at promotions and it's kinda cute. Everyone looked so cool in the last scene. Mo's face when he's focused is extra attractive lol.

Episode 24: The way Uncle Yee was still so yappy until the very end made his death even more satisfying😇. Timothy is just an amazing villain. We finally get a sweet scene between Mo and Aimee!! But then...😭😭😭. I do like how they mixed the shootout scene with the treasure hunt scene.

Episode 25: Don't watch it at work, don't watch it at school, don't watch it on public transportation, just don't watch it in public 'cause you'll look like a hot mess. Also don't watch it before bed 'cause you'll get all worked up or I guess you can cry yourself to sleep. Like why are we even surprised though? I read the original story (on Wikipedia😆): Ying Toi pretended to be a guy, she was engaged to a dude name Man Choi, Shan Bak died first, she died to be with him, and then they turn into butterflies. The whole death and butterfly thing couldn't be avoided I guess. Also the whole grave scene was in the opening video😅... But I still get emotional every time I think of the scene of them reuniting. It's engraved into my brain. I guess it hits so much harder 'cause I'm looking at their faces with these feels. My babies!!

I'm so so so so so happy that Aimee made her return in this drama. I really enjoyed it. Thank you Joe, Mr. Mo, Horace, director, trainers, music producer, set builders, gaffer, actors, and everyone else who helped create this world. Joman said it was so fun to film in this world and it was equally fun to watch. 

Aimee really matured as an actress. She's now too old to play those cutesy younger sister roles so I'm excited to see more of these strong characters. I hope she comes back soon. Since Mo is done filming Biz at the end of December, can Aimee start filming right after lol. My only request is not one about SWAT team, terrorists, or narcotics. As for male costars, I want to see what her chemistry is like with Bosco, Ruco, and Edwin after so many years. Hope to hear some news soon.

So in my last write-up, I shared the radio interview that Aimee did. That made me go back to reading articles and watching videos of when they started dating. Too bad there's not many videos online anymore. Recently, Aimee was on the cover of MP Weekly and they released a voice recording. I really appreciate that Aimee is always so open about her love for Mo. It warms my heart to hear those words.

0 comments :

Post a Comment